According to Wikipedia a goal is a desired result a person or a system envisions, plans and commits to achieve a personal or organizational desired end-point in some sort of assumed development. Many people endeavor to reach goals within a finite time by setting deadlines. An observable and measurable end result having one or more objectives to be achieved within a more or less fixed time frame. Setting goals gives your life direction, and boosts your motivation and self-
There are four types of goals. They are –
Specific, Non- Specific, Realistic and Unrealistic.
- Specific Goals are goals that are right to the point and are about something really defined.
- Unspecific Goals are goals that are too broad and have too many things to achieve.
- Realistic Goals are goals that are about something that you can achieve and are more likely to happen.
- Unrealistic Goals are goals that might take a really long time to achieve or might be really hard to achieve.
The types of goals you should set for yourself are specific and realistic.
Why is goal setting important?
You will experience so many benefits from learning and applying the valuable skill of goal setting the easiest way is to take you through each benefit one by one.
1) You will move away from the vague ‘shoulds’ and ‘wishes’ of your life to a life where you get clear on what you really want and generate the motivation to make it happen.
2) You will learn to always start your thinking by asking yourself what is it you really want.
3) You will have a framework of simple but powerful questions to help you think your goals through thoroughly.
4) You will ask yourself the questions that people who are already successful, your role models for success, ask themselves.
5)) You will focus your mind and concentration on what’s most important to you.
In the next article we will be discussing tips on how to plan your goals in your studies.
Please post your comment below and I will personally reply them